A debit card is a convenient way to pay for medical expenses and access your account, whenever and wherever you need it. This section covers requesting, using, and managing debit cards.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I request a debit card for a spouse or dependent?
- Yes. You can order multiple cards at no additional cost through the Member Online Service Center. For more information, see Requesting and Managing Debit Cards.
- Can I withdraw funds at an ATM?
- You cannot use the Capital Blue debit card for cash withdrawals from an Automated Teller Machine (ATM), from a Point-of-Sale (POS) device, or by any other means. The card will not work in these situations.
- Do I need a PIN to use my debit card?
- Once your card is activated, you can use your debit card either by using your PIN or by signing for your purchases and selecting “credit” when asked.
- My debit card was recently denied. Why would that happen?
Your debit card may be denied if:
- There is not enough money in your account to cover the expense. Visit CapitalBlueCross.com or call us toll free at 877.293.7041 to check your account balance.
- The items being purchased are not eligible expenses. For a list of eligible expenses, visit CapitalBlueCross.com.